Milk Raisin Scones
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- ½ cup prepared Soulful Milk (Mix 3 scoops of milk powder in a cup with 125mL warm water and refrigerate)
- 50g butter cubed
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 cup of water
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 220°C to 230°C.
- Sift into a bowl flour and powdered milk. Rub dry ingredients with butter using fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add water and mix to a soft dough.
- Add raisins and mix.
- Roll the dough out to 2 cm thickness, cut into 5 cm rounds using a glass or cookie cutter. Place close together on a greased oven tray and brush tops with beaten egg.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove from oven and wrap scones in a clean tea towel.
- Serve warm with jam and cream or just buttered. Enjoy!